2020 – 2021 Campaign Kickoff
We are so excited to announce that this year’s official campaign kickoff date is: Monday, September 14th. This year, our goal is to raise $950,000 to benefit the health, education, and financial stability of Horry County.
Check Out Our New Video!
With the kickoff of the new campaign, and the help of MIM Media, we are proud to debut our new United Way of Horry County campaign video.
This video showcases ways we help in the community. United Way of Horry County fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. We hope that by watching our video that you understand the impact you can have in Horry County by donating or volunteering with UWHC.
We Need Your Help Now More Than Ever
Horry County has been one of the hardest hit communities in the state with unemployment and positive cases for COVID-19. Because of the effects on our economy, it has only compounded the existing challenges our area faces in access to education, financial stability and health to all and dramatically raised the level of need. Your gifts will be used to support programs that provide care to children of sexual assault, keep families in their homes, deliver meals to homebound seniors, provide mental health counseling, give childcare to those in need, supply food to thousands of families, give a fresh start to domestic assault victims, provide free tax assistance and much more. All donations raised here, stay in here Horry County and the need is greater than ever! Donate today to make a lasting change in Horry County.
Introducing Small Business 365
An exclusive network of small businesses in Horry County that make a daily impact on the health, education, and financial stability in our community.
This new Affinity Group makes giving back easier, rewarding, and affordable. Small businesses play a critical role in maintaining our local economy. By giving back, small businesses also have the power to enable long lasting change.
Joining SB365 shows that you support strategically-funded and vetted local programs addressing human needs through early childhood literacy scores and family self-sufficiency. Customers will see that your business cares about making an impact to improve the quality of life in Horry County. You have more impact to create more long-term social change.
To learn more about SB365 or to join, visit our SB365 Page.
Grantee Agencies for 2020 – 2021
No other organization has the scope and expertise to unite and mobilize hundreds of human services agencies, businesses, community organizations, government, volunteers, and private foundations around a common vision for the common good. Thank you so much for your continued support.
For 2021, United Way of Horry County will fund the following programs from organizations in our county:
- Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA: Achievement Gap/Summer Learning Loss Prevention
- Churches Assisting People: Food Pantry and Client Assistance
- Family Justice Center: Domestic Violence Victim Assistance
- Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach: Food Pantry and Client Assistance
- North Strand Helping Hand: Food Pantry and Client Assistance
- New Directions of Horry County: Back to Work-Back to Life
- North Strand Housing Shelter: Housing the Homeless
- Mobile Meals of the Grand Strand: Feeding Homebound Seniors
- Neighbor to Neighbor: Senior Transit Program
- Center for Counseling and Wellness: Mental Health Counseling
- Coastal Samaritan Counseling Center: Mental Health Counseling
- Children’s Recovery Center: Child Abuse Advocates and Medical Services
- Friendship Medical Clinic: Health and Medical Services
- Rape Crisis Center: Sexual Assault Services
- Classy Smiles: Dental Care for At-Risk Children
In addition to these programs, United Way of Horry County will also fund:
- Continued COVID-19 Relief
- 211 Helpline
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- May Day Bags
- Charity Tracker
- Day of Caring
- Education Initiatives