Day of Caring
Day of Caring is an annual day of service where volunteers join UWHC to give back to the community. Our 2023 Day of Caring will be held on Friday, October 13, 2023. The type of work will vary based on location but will include painting, landscaping, pressure washing, debris removal, smoke alarm installation, and cleaning.
The kickoff celebration will be held at Carolina Forest Recreation Center with registration beginning at 7:45 am. Breakfast will be served through 8:30 am, with a short program beginning at 8:15 am. After a group picture is taken, volunteers will be dispersed to project site locations to begin work.
Project site locations include:
- Fresh Brewed Coffee House
- New Directions – 4 locations, Family Shelter, Men’s Shelter, Snug Harbor and Women’s Shelter
- SOS Care – 3 locations, Murrells Inlet, 21st Ave Myrtle Beach, and Oak Street Myrtle Beach
- Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand
- Horry County Fire Rescue
- Habitat for Humanity of Horry County
- Kingston Lake Education Center
- Veterans Welcome Home Resource Center
- United Way of Horry County
Please stay tuned for project updates and other announcements.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
Volunteer registration is preferred in advance and will include breakfast, lunch, and a t-shirt!
*Selected t-shirt sizes are only guaranteed if registration is completed before September 14, 2023.*
If you would like to register a group of volunteers, please contact Heather Downing at email@example.com or 843.347.1191.
Thank you to our 2023 event sponsors!
Game Changer Sponsors
Change Maker Sponsors
Hand Raiser Sponsors
Heyd & Co.
Goal Setter Sponsors
For Day of Caring sponsorship opportunities, contact Tina Christensen by email at Tina@unitedwayhorry.org.