Christy Everett, Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority
2022-2023 Board Chair
Christy Everett is a native to Horry County and resides in Socastee, SC with her 18-year-old twins, Lewis and Andrea. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Clemson University in 1995 and her Master of Business Administration from Coastal Carolina University in 2008.
Christy joined Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority nearly 20 years ago where she serves as the Chief Executive Officer.
Christy is a licensed Professional Engineer in South Carolina and North Carolina and holds a Water and Sewer Utility Contractor’s license in both states. She is a member of the SC Section of the American Water Works Association, the Water Environment Association of SC, the SC Water Quality Association, and serves as Chairman of the SC Water Utility Council. Christy also serves on the CCU Board of Visitors for the College of Science, the Chanticleer Athletic Foundation Board, as well as the Coastal Educational Foundation Board.
Christy was named CCU’s 2018 Outstanding Alumnus of the Year. She has also been very active in the community. In addition to her position with the United Way of Horry County, she currently serves on the Conway Medical Center Foundation Board and the Conway Medical Center Board of Trustees. Christy serves on the Socastee High School Athletic Association Board and is active with STEM programs in the local schools.
2022 Board of Directors
- Edward Benton: C.L. Benton & Sons
- Laurence Bolchoz, Allocations Chair: Coastal Carolina National Bank
- Lisa Bourcier: Horry County School District
- Emma Ruth Brittain: Thomas and Brittain, P.A.
- Etta Carter: Horry County Schools/ Finklea Community Center
- Lowell Carter: Retired
- Dr. Deborah Conner, Campaign Chair: Coastal Carolina University
- Rick Elliott: Elliott Realty
- Christy Everett, Board Chair: Grand Strand Water & Sewer
- Dustin Formo: The Jackson Companies
- Shannon Furtick: Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Joseph Heyd: Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs
- Brooke Holden: Conway Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Rick Maxey: Horry County School District
- Monty Morrow: Oceanfront Guru Vacation/Beach Pest Service
- Carla Pielmeirer: Grand Strand Health
- John W. Rowe, III, Immediate Past Board Chair: South Atlantic Bank
- Nathan Skipper, Treasurer: Smith Sapp Professional Association
- Alicia Thompson: Myrtle Beach Hospitality Association
- Gregg Turbeville: Santee Cooper
- Jeff Ward: Publix Prince Creek