Why run a United Way campaign?
Every company – any size – can impact our community.
No matter your industry or company size, you can run a successful campaign that fits your company’s unique culture and impacts long-term change in our community. Below you will find resources and ideas to support your fundraising efforts.
Our community needs you. Workplace campaigns bring people together to tackle our community’s most pressing challenges. Our community stands on the shoulders of small and medium-sized businesses. For every one major local organization, there are thousands of businesses—like yours—driving the new economic engine of our area.
There are many business benefits to partnering with the United Way:
- Join a network of over 500 small and medium-sized local businesses across Horry County.
- Develop connections with like-minded community business leaders
- Build trust and increased goodwill with your customers
- Tax benefits
- Investment in our Community Game Plan, which supports measurable change in our most critical problems all at once
- Improve employee morale and team-building by getting your employees involved in a common goal
- Recruitment of employees that are attracted to companies with set philanthropic principles
Workplace Campaign Guide
Our Campaign Guide for Employee Campaign Coordinators (ECCs) is an excellent overview of best practices and tools for running your workplace campaign.
Educating employees about the value and the impact of the work of United Way of Horry County is the best way to gain their support. Employee campaign coordinators are our best asset in running successful campaigns. Below are resources to help you promote your workplace campaign.
- Community Game Plan Bold Goals Video
- Campaign Poster (11×17)
- Campaign Flyer (8.5×11)
- Campaign Coordinator Book
- Generic Pledge Card
- Virtual Campaign Guide
- Ways to Add Fun to the Campaign
- UWHC General Flyer (substitute for rack card)
- Sample Email for Campaign Kickoff
- Sample Email to Department Leaders
- Sample Email as a Reminder
- Sample Email Thanking Employees
- Sample Last Chance Email
For more information about conducting a workplace campaign, contact Tina Christensen at 843.347.5195 or Tina@unitedwayhorry.org.