The United Way of Horry County’s Tocqueville Society recognizes local philanthropic leaders and volunteer champions who have devoted time, talent, and funds to create long-lasting change by tracking our community’s most serious issues. With an investment of $10,000 or more, our community’s members of the Tocqueville Society are philanthropy leaders.
The Value of Your Membership:
- A convenient way to make a significant impact on many impact areas in one pledge
- Opportunity to gain perspective on our community’s system of care that is proven to impact the lives of others
- Engage as a volunteer with our community leaders to work locally to provide long-term solutions to our community’s problems
- Make a personal connection with the influential group that sets the standards of charitable giving and philanthropy in our community
- Associate with a national network of donors giving sustainable and transformational gifts
- Join other members at our annual event honoring the recipient of the Tocqueville Award, given to an individual or family who shows outstanding volunteer and financial service in our community
- Influence positive change and inspire a better life for everyone
The Tocqueville Society is named after the 19th-century French political thinker and historian Alexis de Tocqueville who, in his writings, recognized the importance of voluntary action on behalf of the common good. The Society is dedicated to developing a stronger sense of community and connection among local philanthropists through engagement opportunities that grow awareness of issues and solutions affecting the well-being of children and families in our community and networking with like-minded individuals.
Members of our local Tocqueville Society automatically become members of United Way Worldwide’s Tocqueville United, a society comprised of philanthropic leaders from throughout the United Way network, which includes not only the United States but also the world.
Fast Track Program
Fast Track your gift to help you evolve your philanthropic goals as you continue to increase your giving level. When you take advantage of Fast Track, you will be fully recognized as a United Way’s Tocqueville Society member, invited to select events, and listed as a leadership donor. Fast Track members give $5,000 in the first year of membership, $7,500 in year two, and $10,000 in your third and final Fast Track year.
Become an Alexis de Tocqueville Donor
Whether you belong to a local company, foundation, or prefer to give as a family or individual, United Way of Horry County offers many options to grow your giving and create a long-lasting impact in our community. Please complete the form on this page to discuss the opportunities available to you or to request more information.