United Way of Horry County (UWHC) is hosting their inaugural Day of Action Dine United Event. This program is taking place on Monday, June 21 at participating restaurants in Horry County. For this event, restaurant owners are joining the United Way campaign effort by donating a percentage of the day’s sales to United Way of Horry County. Every dollar donated will go to support improving the access to health, education, and financial stability.
Day of Action is a day celebrated amongst United Ways all over the globe. This event is an entire day dedicated to improving the access to health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. Day of Action provides opportunities for individuals and groups to be a part of solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives. Dine United makes this effort simple by allowing others to give back to their community just by having a meal at one of the participating businesses. Recognizing the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on the hospitality industry here in Horry County, specifically the restaurant industry, United Way of Horry County has chosen to focus this year’s Day of Action on supporting local restaurants. The financial stability of local restaurants is vital to overall financial stability of the county.
Participating businesses are:
- 44 & King: 515 44th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Blueberry’s Grill Myrtle Beach: 7931 N Kings Highway #140, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
- Blueberry’s Grill at Barefoot: 4856 Highway 17 South, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
- Eggs Up Grill – University Shoppes Plaza: 2246 E US-501, Conway, SC 29526
- Grumpy Monk: 4545 Highway 501, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- Johnny D’s Myrtle Beach: 3301 N Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Johnny D’s North Myrtle Beach: 3900 Highway 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
- Johnny D’s Surfside Beach: 1200 US-17 Business, Surfside Beach, SC 29575
- Local on the Water: 1525 13th Avenue N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
- Oliver’s Restaurant: 1301 US-501 Business, Conway, SC 29526
- Red Robin: 1218 N Retail Court, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Sea Captain’s House: 3002 N Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Sneaky Beagle: 5040 Carolina Forest Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- A special thanks to US Foods Chef’s Store: 970 Cipriana Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
If you would like more information about this topic visit https://unitedwayhorry.org/dine-united/ or contact Jentry Ward at 843-347-5195 or email Jentry@unitedwayhorry.org.
If your restaurant or eatery would like to participate in Day of Action Dine United, contact Michelle Bessett at 843-347-5195 or email Michelle@unitedwayhorry.org